Saturday, April 12, 2008

Free access to Greenwood databases for National Library Week

This post came from the Fiction_L email list, a discussion list for readers' advisors in libraries. My book Historical Fiction: A Guide to the Genre (from 2005) is online, along with a number of guides to other genres, via Greenwood's Reader's Advisor Online database. If you want to see what it's all about, register for free access throughout National Library Week (which begins tomorrow, 4/13).

---------

Libraries Unlimited is providing free access to the Reader's Advisor Online during National Library Week April 13-19, 2007. (And of course, the Blog is free everyday!)

Simply follow the link to http://libraryweek.greenwood.com/fictionl. You will be asked to register, then simply click the Reader's Advisor Online title on the product list. For subsequent visits during Library Week, just enter your email address.

The Reader's Advisor Online is based on the Genreflecting series published by Libraries Unlimited. More than a database, this sophisticated finding tool gives users multiple ways to browse and find related reading and read-alikes. It includes recreational nonfiction as well as fiction. There are many special features, including the Genre Tree, the Read-Alike Finder, the Read-Alike Quick List, and the saved list for creating handouts for your patrons and flyers for your library.

Laura Calderone
Managing Editor, Electronic Products
Libraries Unlimited
laura.calderone@lu.com
http://www.lu.com/
http://www.readersadvisoronline.com/

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:27 AM

    Hi, I'm the author of the new historical novel, The Romanov Bride, and I just wanted to invite any and all to a book club that I am webcasting live from my home office. You'll be able to see and hear me, and I'll be able to answer your email questions in real time. It all starts April 16. For more info, just go to: www.theromanovbride.com
    Thanks, Robert (Alexander)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,

    This is wonderful! I'm always, always looking for something to read, and I think your book is probably the most valuable book any historical fiction reader could add to their collection because it can help you decide what to read next. I know it was the best buy I've made in years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tamara, thanks so much! Your comments go a long way in encouraging me to keep plugging away at volume 2.

    And thanks for stopping by with the invite, Robert - I hope to tune in for one of the sessions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great resource! Thanks for the tip. I can't wait to check it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:28 PM

    Hello I would like to congratulate you on your blog its very good for getting info about historicals.

    Id also like to give a recommendation for a good (IMO) historical mystery. "A most dangerous woman" by LM Jackson wich ive also reviewed on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, DeAnna - if you signed up, hope you enjoyed browsing it!

    And thanks, literaturevixen, for the LM Jackson recommendation. It sounds good. I believe I have another one of her (?) books on my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:23 AM

    Its a "him actually^^ Not many people that ive meet seem to know of him though wich is a pity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I stand corrected... hard to tell with these initial-only names. I was wrong, I don't own any of his books, though have seen other reviews of them.

    ReplyDelete