Saturday, September 09, 2006

This isn't a real post

Yes, I am still alive - mostly. Hard to believe it's been a week since I wrote anything here. Things have been so incredibly busy at work and with conference stuff that I've barely had time to think about historical fiction, let alone read it... although I've finally found a novel it looks like I'll be able to finish: Ann Parker's Iron Ties, and I need to get it read so that I can use it as my final book for the NoveList piece I started last weekend. I also understand that I have another Booklist review book arriving soon (it's always a surprise).

Up way too early on a Saturday, but at least I've updated the HNS website and gotten my email down to a manageable level. Yawn, though. I think I'm going back to bed.

In the meanwhile, if you haven't taken a gander at Jeri Westerson's interview with Margaret Frazer and Sharan Newman, medieval mystery novelists, it's worth reading. Some interesting comments on the relationship between historical novelists and academia, and publishing in the US and UK, among other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment