International entrants are welcome, plus the books originate from four different countries. There will be six winners in all, and you'll have the opportunity to pick which books you'd like a chance at. I've featured most of these on the blog before.
(1) Belinda Alexandra's Tuscan Rose (HarperCollins Australia, 2010), epic fiction set in Tuscany in the years leading up to World War II, is about a courageous young woman who lives through numerous hardships as she struggles to discover her mysterious origins.
(2) Barbara Erskine's Time's Legacy (HarperCollins UK, 2011), a time-slip novel with mystical themes, moves back and forth between modern Glastonbury, England, and its pagan origins 2000 years earlier. [read my review]
(3) Barbara & Stephanie Keating, To My Daughter in France (Vintage UK, 2003). In this multi-period spy novel and family saga, the will left by Irish academic Richard Kirwan reveals that he had a secret French daughter, Solange de Valnay, the result of a wartime liaison. I read this last year; it's an intense novel that's full (sometimes overfull) of drama, but I enjoyed it.
(4) Roberta Rich, The Midwife of Venice (Gallery, 2012). Suspense and adventure featuring a spunky Jewish midwife in 16th-century Venice who saves a Christian mother and her newborn baby at the risk of her own life. [read my review]
(5) Richard B. Wright, Mr. Shakespeare's Bastard (HarperCollins Canada, 2010). The story of Aerlene Ward, an elderly Oxfordshire housekeeper in the 17th century, who makes a late-in-life confession about her father's true identity.
(6) Margaret Wurtele, The Golden Hour (Berkley, 2012). Giovanna Bellini falls in love with a Jewish freedom fighter during the German occupation of her Tuscan village. [read my review and the author's guest post]
All are brand new and unread, either duplicates I received in the mail or books I bought two copies of by mistake (this happens more than I'd like to admit).
Please fill out this form to enter the giveaway. Deadline Sunday, April 8th. Good luck, and thanks for continuing to visit this site!