Friday, May 12, 2006

Yet more bits and pieces

I've been busy with library book ordering and BEA preparations, not to mention cleaning the house/doing laundry before we head out east for 10 days. I've also got a 700-page review book to read with a two-week turnaround, so things may be quiet on the blog for a little while. (Fortunately, it looks pretty good.) So, just some little things of note for now.

A short and rather sarcastic review of Alison Weir's Innocent Traitor, from the Sydney Morning Herald. I admit it, I bought my copy from a British bookseller.

A review of Caroline Preston's Gatsby's Girl from a local Charlottesville, Virginia, newspaper.

And another review, this time of Jane Harris's The Observations, from the Telegraph (UK).

Divine Inspiration: an article on the popularity of biblical historical novels, from the San Jose Mercury News, syndicated from the LA Times. Mary Roarke, the article's author, recently wrote a biblical novel of her own, Two Women of Galilee, which coincidentally is the book I'm reading now.

More on Erica Jong, mostly biographical. I didn't realize, and should have, that her third husband was the son of historical novelist Howard Fast.

2 comments:

  1. I'm eager to hear what you think about the Mary Roarke novel. I haven't read it, but it looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a note to say I replied over email, since I read the Roarke novel for review - just in case anyone else is curious! (Review out in August's HNR)

    ReplyDelete